Beginning in February 2021, we held a 9 week online bee class that we recorded. If you weren’t able to attend the program in person, you can still take advantage of the class by signing up to receive access to the recordings and pdfs of the slides I used during the classes. The cost of the class is $45 (see below for payment methods available).
Here’s what you get with this class:
- Unlimited access to the class videos
- PDF printable versions of the slides used during the classes formatted to make adding notes easy. The pdfs can be printed and put into a notebook for future reference. We include handouts we’ve used during the classes as well.
- 9 videos covering the following material:
- The colony, organization, and life cycle of the honeybee
- Bee anatomy – just the basics
- Equipment: What you’ll need and how to assemble it
- Seasonal hive management: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter
- Pests. predators, and diseases of the bees
- Harvesting and processing honey, other hive products, pollination
- Access to our newsletter and the ability to ask questions and be part of a larger bee community.
The book we will be using for these classes will be “The Beekeeper’s Handbook” by Diana Sammataro & Alphonse Avitabile. We used the Fourth Edition but the Fifth Edition is now available. You can order it from Amazon and if you use my link (click on Amazon graphic to the right or click here), I’ll get a small credit from the sale. (Note: the Kindle version doesn’t include graphics or a table of contents.)
Another book that I’ll pull content from is “HoneyBee Biology and Beekeeping” by Dewey Caron with Larry Connor. You can buy this from Wicwas Press here: [ link ]
Before you sign up, you can test drive the class by viewing the first class for free. The link to the YouTube recording of the class is [ here ].
In addition to the video recording, you can also access the slide deck used in the class. It’s in pdf format and available by clicking [ here ].
To register for this self-study class, just fill out and submit the form below. No payment is due at this time. We’ll contact you via email with payment information based on your preferred payment method selected below.
Submitting this form will also automatically subscribe you to our newsletter. You can opt out of the newsletter at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of every newsletter.