If you’ve missed one of our newsletters, you can catch up here by clicking the link to the online version. Also, don’t forget that you can subscribe to our newsletters by providing your email address and clicking the subscribe link on the right nav under the “Register and/or Subscribe to Newsletter” heading.
A couple of things you need to know:
- Newsletters come out sporadically, so there’s no set schedule.
- If you don’t add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list, there’s a pretty good chance the newsletter will go into your spam or junk folder.
Getting Ready for Winter – published November 14, 2021
- Zoom Get Together: Getting Ready for Winter, NC Beekeepers Conference, & Year Recap
- Getting Ready for Winter: Wind Control
- Getting Ready for Winter: Food
- Chewing Bees!
- Community: Revisting Kathi-Luise and Her Bees
Summer in the Beeyard – published September 9, 2021
- What’s New in the Bee Yard?
- Bees on the Downtown Greenway
- Community: In the Bee Yard with Kathi-Luise
- Community: In the Bee Yard with Claude
- Community: In the Bee Yard with Becca & Morgan
- What’s Blooming – September 2021
Products of the Hive – Last Bee Class – published April 24, 2021
Note: Tate’s Apiaries website is no longer live. But you can find them [ here ] on FaceBook
Stings, What’s Under Your Hives, Installing Bees, & the Bee Community – published March 27, 2021
- Hive Beetles & What’s Under Your Hives
- Varroa Mites Revisited
- Feeding Bees
- More About Installing Packages – Dead Queen or Drifting/Absconding Bees
- New Plastic Packaging for Packaged Bees (Spring 2020)
- What’s Blooming – March 2021
Spring Forward – 4th Bee Class at 6 pm – published March 14, 2021
Reminder about the 4th bee class.
Lifecycle of Honeybees, Planting for Pollinators, and a Bee Opportunity – published March 5, 2021
- Planting for Pollinators
- NCSU Beekeeping Webinar: Different Types of Bees and their Characterics
- Lifecycle of the Honeybee
- Installing a Nuc
- Installing a Package of Bees
- Nuc or Package?
Beginning Bee School – published February 9, 2021
- Order Your Bees for 2021
- What’s Blooming – February 2021
- Thinking of Taking Up Beekeeping?